Free School Meals
If your child is eligible for ‘free school meals’ and you register them for this, we’ll receive extra funding called ‘Pupil Premium’. We use this extra money to improve the educational provision and resources at the school. This extra money could make a real difference to the quality of education we offer.
Your child might be eligible if you access any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
How do I register?
You only need to register once. You can apply online at https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/kent/.
If you have any questions or specific concerns, please contact Mrs Eyles, School Business Manager on 01303 275967 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your child is not currently eligible for free school meals, or you are waiting for a benefit application to be approved and need food and supplies urgently, please contact Kent Together on 03000 41 92 92 or click on the link for further details: https://www.kent.gov.uk/social-care-and-health/health/protect-kent-and-medway/help-and-advice-for-residents/kent-together